Wednesday, January 1, 2020

for today

for today...

outside my window... 24F/snow showers @ 1:35am
i am thinking... starting today. I need to forget what's gone, appreciate what still remains,
and look forward to what's coming next!  Happy New Year!
i am thankful for... the recent repair of the pipes under the kitchen sink
i am wearing... blue jeans, thermal shirt & hoodie, cashmere socks & BearPaw ankle boots
i am going...  grocery shopping
i am currently reading... The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels, by Jon Meacham 
i am hoping... to live video stream The Mummer's Parade today
on my mind... gas @ $2.84/gallon, milk @ $3.85/gallon, butter @ $2.99/lb
pondering these words...
"Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow."
~ Robert Frost, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening ~
from the kitchen... 
country ham
panettone & pizelles
around the house... poinsettias & pinecones
one of my favorite things...  hoppin' john
a few plans for the week... firewood delivery, run a few errands
from my lens:
no, I am not climbing out the 2nd story window
to clean the snow off of the satellite dish!
there will be no internet 'til the snow melts
* winter... sigh *

you can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page,
and participate in creating a list of the simple things and everyday moments of our daily lives.

2 comments:

kayranft said...

Great Daybook post! Stay warm!!

Visits With Mary said...

Enjoyed visiting with you today and reading your answers. brrr, it must be cold at your house!