Monday, April 1, 2019

for today

for today...

outside my window... 21F/partly cloudy, snow flurries @2am
i am thinking... when to start my herb garden? *hmmm*
i am thankful for... Daylight Saving Time
i am wearing... blue jeans, thermal shirt, birkenstocks
i am going... grocery shopping, etc
i am currently reading...Festive Tarts, by Sylvia Thompson
i am hoping... to hang laundry out on the clothesline soon
on my mind... gas @ $2.75/gallon, milk @ $2.55/gallon, butter @ $2.99/lb
pondering these words...
"Once a day and sometimes more, I look out my day dream door
To see if spring is out there yet, I'm really anxious, but mustn't fret.
I see the snow a melting down, and lots of mud and slush around
I know the grass will surely sprout, and birds and flowers will come about.
But why oh why does it take so long?  I'm sure the calendar can't be wrong.
Sunshine fills my heart with cheer, I wish that spring were really here."
~  Edna T. Helberg, Longing for Spring ~
from the kitchen... 
cheeseburgers & french fries
mussels & linguini, garlic bread sticks
cupcakes with chocolate mocha buttercream frosting
cherry/cheese danish
jellybeans :)
around the house... spring cleaning supplies
one of my favorite things... hyacinths
a few plans for the week... yard work; To Do List & Menu for Easter
from my lens:
first robin 
3-15-19
you can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page,
and participate in creating a list of the simple things and everyday moments of our daily lives.

1 comment:

allisamazing said...

I love your picture of the first Robin. I have been waiting for the first Robin to appear here but as of yet I haven't seen one. I am hoping soon!