Monday, October 1, 2018

for today

for today...

outside my window... 56F/cloudy @ 9am
i am thinking...  the woodchuck & deer have cleaned up 95% of the fallen apples
i am thankful for... pumpkins & autumn squash, of all varieties
i am wearing... blue jeans, thermal shirt & Birkenstocks
i am going... grocery shopping (which I dread)
i am currently reading... "The Life Raft," by CJ Schepers  
i am hoping... for more inspiration this month *sigh*
on my mind... gas @ $3.17/gallon, milk @ $2.55/gallon, butter @ $2.59/lb
pondering these words..."Bittersweet October:
The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter."
~ Carol Bishop Hipps ~
from the kitchen... tomato jam, apple cake
around the house... Windex & storm windows & porch windows
one of my favorite things... Oktoberfest
i'm creating... the October Challenges @ The Lilypad
a few plans for the week...  install a new firebox in the woodstove
from my lens:
*click to enlarge photo*
this woodchuck takes off before I can ever get close enough lol
not a great shot, but I'll keep trying until all the apples are gone

you can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page,
and participate in creating a list of the simple things and everyday moments of our daily lives.

No comments: