Monday, January 1, 2018

for today

for today...

outside my window... 13F-7F, snow showers
i am thinking... my 'One Little Word' for 2018 will be
grounded [definition: sincere, practical, realistic]
i am thankful for... my woodstove
i am wearing... blue jeans, sweater/cardigan, bearpaw booties
i am going... outside to fill the bird feeders and replace the suet cakes,
carry in firewood, and that's it, until this frigid weather pattern breaks
i am currently reading... "The Farmer's Almanac"
i am hoping... that the snowplow doesn't crash into my new mailbox
on my mind... gas @ $2.85/gallon, milk @ $2.15/gallon, sugar @ $1.99/4 lb
pondering these words... "Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth,
for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is a time for home."
~ Edith Sitwell ~
from the kitchen... roast pork & sauerkraut dinner tonight, for Good Luck!
around the house... basil, cilantro & parsley seedlings on the sunporch
one of my favorite things... PBS, especially, Masterpiece Theatre/Mystery
and The Great British Baking Show
i'm creating... a Winter fb timeline cover & blog header
a few plans for the week...  firewood delivery; grocery shopping this weekend
from my lens:
bird feeder hanging from my apple tree
just waiting to be refilled

you can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page,
and participate in creating a list of the simple things and everyday moments of our daily lives.

3 comments:

Peggy Hostetler said...

Hello Deborah! I enjoyed checking in with your daybook. Thank you for taking part.

bensarmom said...

We just filled our feeders two days ago. The birds flock around them. They leave seeds on the ground which the deer love.
My husband should come to your house since you make pork and sauerkraut. His mother used to make it. I don't make it often since the smell of sauerkraut makes me gag! LOL

Pat said...

I miss having a woodstove, nothing like that kind of heat. I loved the bird feeder picture. I love watching the birds. Loved my visit.