Wednesday, November 1, 2017

for today

for today...

outside my window... 31F and cloudy
i am thinking... after a week of rain and moderate temperatures, the falling barometer
is signaling a change... it wouldn't surprise me to see our first snowfall this week
i am thankful for... November, I love Thanksgiving! it's my favorite holiday
i am wearing... black jeans, white thermal shirt, hoodie & my BearPaw booties
i am going... for my annual flu shot :) before I get sick :(
i am currently reading...  the fall issue of Martha Stewart magazine
i am hoping... to get the DigiScrap Parade freebie links posted today * done::updated 11/3 *
on my mind... gas @ $2.74/gallon, milk @ $2.15/gallon, sugar @ $1.99/4 lb
pondering these words...
"November comes and November goes,
with the last red berries and the first white snows.
With night coming early, and dawn coming late,
and ice in the bucket and frost by the gate.
The fires burn, and the kettles sing,
and earth sinks to rest until next spring."
~  Elizabeth Coatsworth  ~
from the kitchen... creamed chipped beef and smashed potatoes,
and a Jewish apple cake (my Mom's recipe)
around the house... apples & squash
one of my favorite things...  cashmere sweaters
i'm creating... the November challenges @ The Lilypad
a few plans for the week... grocery shopping, stacking firewood
from my lens:
* Jewish Apple Cake *
my mom's recipe, which she made for as long as I can remember,
following in her footsteps, when the apples fall from the trees, I bake one too!
enjoy!

you can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page, and participate in creating a list of the simple things and everyday moments of our daily lives.


3 comments:

Kay R. said...

Enjoyed your daybook post!

Leann said...

That coffee cake looks magnificent! I love that you shared the old recipe cards. What a treasure to have those. I am going to have to try it. Stay warm fellow blogger!

Pieceful said...

I love Jewish Apple Cake!!!!Our recipes match. there is something about the OJ in it that sets it aside from all others. Thanks for posting!