Saturday, July 1, 2017

for today...

outside my window... 64F & broken clouds
weather forecast - high in the 80s with thunderstorms, 97% humidity
i am thinking... June bugs still scare me, and I'm glad they're gone 'til next year!
i am thankful for... summer carnivals & county fairs,
and popsicles on a hot, humid day
i am wearing... blue jeans, white cotton tee & my blue Birkie sandals
i am going... food shopping, one of my least favorite things to do
i am currently reading... "Country Living" magazine
i am hoping... to visit the 'Soft Serve' for my first chocolate/vanilla twist of the summer
on my mind... gas @ $2.49/gallon, milk @ $2.99/gallon, sugar @ $1.99/4 lb
pondering these words... "You have to love a nation that celebrates it's independence every July 4th,
not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and
muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies
die from happiness.  You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism."
~ Erma Bombeck ~
from the kitchen... pimento cheese, shrimp pasta salad;
trifle: ladyfingersstrawberries & blueberries, pastry cream & freshly whipped cream
are on the menu from me, for the July 4th picnic
around the house... a new ladyfinger cake pan & freshly cut wildflowers
one of my favorite things...  the annual Hot Air Balloon Rally in Wellsville, NY
held the third week of July
i'm creating... the July challenges @ The Lilypad
a few plans for the week... 4th of July BBQ & fireworks
from my lens:
 * raindrops on tiger lily leaves *

you can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page, and participate in creating a list of the simple things and everyday moments of our daily lives.



1 comment:

~Kathy~ said...

Love your Daybook. I sure wish we had temps like that this time of year! We're dying down here, and the hottest month (August) is still to come. I love the Erma Bombeck quote. I always have loved reading her stuff. I hope you have a great holiday, and a wonderful month!