Monday, May 1, 2017

for today...

outside my window... 71F & raining
i am thinking... Happy May Day!
it's time to put the snow shovel in the barn, finally :)
i am thankful for... freshly mowed grass
i am wearing... jeans, a white button-down shirt & my Crocs
i am going... grocery shopping, Farm & Tractor
i am currently reading... Risotto-Risotti, by Judith Barrett
i am hoping... to make another Philadelphia Butter Cake *yum*
@ https://www.craftsy.com/blog/2017/02/philadelphia-butter-cake/#comment-730502
on my mind... gas @ $2.65/gallon in PA, milk @ $2.99/gallon in PA, sugar @ $1.99/4 lb
pondering these words... "A delicate fabric of bird song floats in the air,
the smell of wet wild earth is everywhere; oh I must pass nothing by
without loving it much, the raindrop try with my lips, the grass with my touch;
for how can I be sure I shall see again, the world on the first of May."
~ Sara Teasdale, May Day ~
from the kitchen... pork cutlets with gremolada & risotto with porcini mushrooms
around the house... pansies & lilacs
one of my favorite things...  the return of the swallows,
and the pleasant sound of the peepers
i'm creating... the May challenges @ The Lilypad
a few plans for the week... yardwork

from my lens:
I finally made the Lemon Curd *oh so good & oh so easy*
@ http://www.wineandglue.com/2017/03/easy-microwave-lemon-curd.html

you can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page, and participate in creating a list of the simple things and everyday moments of our daily lives.


No comments: