Wednesday, January 1, 2014

for today...

outside my window... it's snowing, 21F, winter storm tomorrow, 6-8" snow, -5F *sigh*
i am thinking... my 'One Little Word' for 2014 will be "essence"
i am thankful for... my woodstove
i am wearing... blue jeans, cashmere sweater, snow booties
i am going... to Soldiers & Sailors hospital, Wellsboro PA, for an xray of my back & right hip, then off to see my physician to check the radiology results & my vitaminD levels
i am currently reading... "The Shadow Factory," by James Banford
i am hoping... that the weather clears up enough to venture over to Wellsville NY this weekend
on my mind... gas @ $3.45/gallon, milk @ $2.75/gallon, sugar @ $1.99/4 lb
pondering these words... "it's just a constant battle:  me against my body; my passions and my dreams and what I want to do with my life, against what I'm physically able to do. 
~ Austin Carlile, of Mice & Men ~
from the kitchen... pork & sauerkraut dinner tonight, for Good Luck!
around the house... evergreens, holly, poinsettias
one of my favorite things... made Chruschiki's for everyone, and a batch for myself too ~ yum!
oh, and my new Comfy Cushion, for without it, I probably wouldn't be sitting here today
i'm creating... scrapbooking pages & fb timeline cover for January, and a new blog header *done* incorporating the "new" color for 2014, Radiant Orchid
a few plans for the week...  shoveling snow & firewood delivery this weekend

from my lens:
view down the road from my mailbox
North Fork, Pennsylvania
cheers!
Happy New Year!

you can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page, and participate in creating a list of the simple things and everyday moments of our daily lives.

No comments: