Sunday, December 1, 2019

for today

for today...

outside my window... 24F/cloudy/light wintry mix @ 12:45am
Winter Weather Advisory for sleet, freezing rain & snow 'til 7pm
i am thinking... I am SO ready for Egg Nog
i am thankful for... the recent repair of the brakes on my car
i am wearing... blue jeans, thermal shirt & hoodie, BearPaw ankle boots
i am going...  holiday shopping locally
i am currently reading... the 2020 edition of The Farmer's Almanac
i am hoping... the water heater doesn't need a new thermostat  *fingers crossed*
on my mind... gas @ $2.94/gallon, milk @ $4.15/gallon, butter @ $3.99/lb
pondering these words...
"The cold is coming.
December's Winter Solstice.
Start of the Season."
~ Robert Pettit ~
from the kitchen... 
Thanksgiving leftovers
around the house... holiday lights & decorations
one of my favorite things...  Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker Ballet"
i'm creating... the December Challenges @ The Lilypad
a few plans for the week... gather greenery for outdoor wreaths/boughs 
from my lens:
*garden gate ~ first snow*

you can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page,
and participate in creating a list of the simple things and everyday moments of our daily lives.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Love your photo of the garden gate with the snow. I no longer live in snow country, so pictures posted on blogs with snow are a delight to me.

Merry Christmas!