Tuesday, August 13, 2019

for today

for today...

outside my window... 66F/cloudy @ 4:00am
i am thinking... there was a monarch butterfly outside my window today, summer wanes
i am thankful for... the cooler days so far this month, July was HOT & HUMID
i am wearing... blue jeans, gray tank/shirt, birkenstock sandals
i am going... to stay close to home
i am currently reading... nothing... am catching up on my podcasts
i am hoping... my tomato plants produce more than the 2 romas picked yesterday *sigh*
on my mind... gas @ $2.95/gallon, milk @ $1.55/half gallon, butter @ $2.99/lb
pondering these words...
If the first week in August is unusually warm,
the coming Winter will be snowy and long.
For every fog in August,
there will be a snowfall in Winter.
If a cold August follows a hot July,
it foretells a Winter hard and dry.
~  August Weather Lore ~
from the kitchen... 
homemade sausage & sweet pepper pizza
beef stroganoff, carrots
chocolate crinkle cookies
around the house... a new quilt & 2 mini-down bed pillows :)
one of my favorite things... Pennsylvania Peaches
a few plans for the week... laundry, yard work
from my lens:
~ Morning Visitors ~

you can join the simple woman's daybook where every day is a blank page,
and participate in creating a list of the simple things and everyday moments of our daily lives.

No comments: